|April 12th, 2012 by Student Vote||1 Comment »|
Tonight, the leaders’ debate takes place in Edmonton. PC Premier Alison Redford, Wildrose leader Danielle Smith, Liberal leader Raj Sherman, and NDP leader Brian Mason will deliberate many of the key issues of the 2012 Alberta provincial election campaign.
However, there is no guarantee that the leaders will discuss every issue, especially those that are important to students. As well, only four parties will be represented.
We asked students from across the province to submit questions, and we narrowed the list down to five that we posed to Redford, Smith, Sherman and Mason, as well as Alberta Party leader Glenn Taylor and EverGreen leader Larry Ashmore. Taylor and Ashmore were not invited to tonight’s debate, but in our videos all six leaders answer a variety of questions from across the province.
The leaders were asked the following five questions:
- Dawsen from Medicine Hat asked, “Why do you want to be Premier?” Click here to view the question and the leaders’ answers.
- Students from Grande Prairie asked, “How do you plan on getting new doctors to come to Alberta, mainly to Northern Alberta?” Click here to view the question and the leaders’ answers.
- Students from Ryley asked, “What are you going to do about rising gas prices?” Click here to view the question and the leaders’ answers.
- Lorenzo from Calgary asked, “If the Keystone Pipeline is not approved, what are our alternatives for selling oil in Alberta?” Click here to view the question and the leaders’ answers.
- Monisha from Calgary asked, “In the future, how would you like to see Alberta represent Canada in the world? Why?” Click here to view the question and the leaders’ answers.
To view all of the videos, and our other video content, click here to view our YouTube channel.
Do you want to receive the Student Vote Blog by email? Sign up here!
About Student Vote
Non-partisan organization engaging young Canadians in the democratic process.
View all posts by Student Vote →