City of Estevan
Full Name: City of Estevan
Census Division: 1
In 2011, Estevan had a population of 11,054, representing a percentage change of 9.6% from 2006. This compares to the national average growth of 5.9%.
The percentage of the population aged 65 and over in Estevan was 13.66%, compared with a national percentage of 14.8%. The percentage of the working-age population (15 to 64) was 75.49% and the percentage of children aged 0 to 14 was 17.77%. In comparison, the national percentages were 68.5% for the population aged 15 to 64 and 16.7% for the population aged 0 to 14.
Estevan occupies a land area of 18.85 square kilometres with a population density of 586.6 persons per square kilometre. This compares to the provincial land area of 588,239.21 square kilometres with a population density of 1.8 persons per square kilometre.
91.81% of the population reported English only as mother tongue, 1.35% reported French only, and 6.84% reported a non-official language only, in 2011. In comparison, Saskatchewan’s provincial percentages were 85.6% for English only, 1.6% for French only and 12.8% for only non-official languages.
Method of Voting Paper Ballot
Offices to be Elected
- Mayor (elected at-large)
- 6 Councillors (elected by ward)
- Total Annual Expenses: $24,642,952 (2015 Actuals)
- Total Annual Revenues: $26,185,146 (2015 Actuals)
- Property Tax Rate: Residential
- Mill Rate: 7.920 mills
- Mill Rate Factor: 0.72
- Mayor’s Salary: $43,200 (2016)
- Councillor’s Salary: $14,400 (2016)
- Southeast Cornerstone Public School Division #209
- Holy Family Roman Catholic Separate School Division
- Conseil scolaire fransaskoises
- Culture & Arts
- Fire Services
- Heritage & History
- Police Services
- Parks and Recreation
- Waste & Recycling
- Water & Sewer