City of Humboldt
Full Name: City of Humboldt
Census Division: 15
In 2011, Humboldt had a population of 5,678 representing a percentage change of 13.6% from 2006. This compares to the national average growth of 5.9%.
The percentage of the population aged 65 and over in Humboldt was 24.6%, compared with a national percentage of 14.8%. The percentage of the working-age population (15 to 64) was 59.0% and the percentage of children aged 0 to 14 was 16.1%. In comparison, the national percentages were 68.5% for the population aged 15 to 64 and 16.7% for the population aged 0 to 14.
Humboldt occupies a land area of 13.46 square kilometres with a population density of 421.9 persons per square kilometre. This compares to the provincial land area of 588,239.21 square kilometres with a population density of 1.8 persons per square kilometre.
89.4% of the population reported English only as mother tongue, 1.0% reported French only, and 9.6% reported a non-official language only, in 2011. In comparison, Saskatchewan’s provincial percentages were 85.6% for English only, 1.6% for French only and 12.8% for only non-official languages.
Method of Voting: Paper Ballot
Offices to be Elected
- Mayor (elected at-large)
- 6 Councillors (elected at-large)
- Total Annual Expenses: $12,005,800 (2015 Actuals)
- Total Annual Revenues: $14,311,798 (2015 Actuals)
- Property Tax Rate: Residential
- Mill Rate: 16.0 mills
- Mill Rate Factor: 0.434 mills
- Base Tax: $500
- Provincial transfers (conditional): $182,995
- Mayor’s Salary: $23,678
- Councillor’s Salary: $6,268
- Horizon School Division No. 205
- Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools
- Public Works and Utilities (Road Services, Storm Water, Water and Sewer Services)
- Business Improvement District
- Culture Services
- Community and Leisure Services (Including: Parks, Trails and Playgrounds)
- Capital Construction Projects
- Municipal Airport