City of Martensville
Full Name: City of Martensville
Census Division: 11
In 2011, Martensville had a population of 7,716 representing a percentage change of 55.0% from 2006. This compares to the national average growth of 5.9%.
The percentage of the population aged 65 and over in Martensville was 3.6%, compared with a national percentage of 14.8%. The percentage of the working-age population (15 to 64) was 70.1% and the percentage of children aged 0 to 14 was 26.3%. In comparison, the national percentages were 68.5% for the population aged 15 to 64 and 16.7% for the population aged 0 to 14.
Martensville occupies a land area of 6.23 square kilometres with a population density of 1,239.3 persons per square kilometre. This compares to the provincial land area of 588,239.21 square kilometres with a population density of 1.8 persons per square kilometre.
93.5% of the population reported English only as mother tongue, 1.0% reported French only, and 5.5% reported a non-official language only, in 2011. In comparison, Saskatchewan’s provincial percentages were 85.6% for English only, 1.6% for French only and 12.8% for only non-official languages.
Method of Voting: Paper Ballot
Offices to be Elected:
- Mayor (elected at-large)
- 6 Councillors (elected at-large)
- Total Annual Expenses: $12,805,934 (2014 Actuals)
- Total Annual Revenues: $15,113,108 (2014 Actuals)
- Property Tax Rate: Residential
- Mill Rate: 6.26 mills
- Provincial transfers (Conditional): $223,902 (2014 Actuals)
- Mayor’s Salary: $34,358
- Councillor’s Salary: $11,494
- Prairie Spirit School Division No. 206
- Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools
- Infrastructure and Planning (operation and maintenance of City infrastructure, water and sewer and roadways)
- Fire Services
- RCMP Martensville Detachment
- Recreation and Community Services (including parks)
- Waste and Recycling
- Water and Sewer Utilities