City of Melville
Full Name: City of Melville
Census Division: 5
In 2011, Melville had a population of 4,520, representing a percentage change of 8.9% from 2006. This compares to the national average growth of 5.9%.
The percentage of the population aged 65 and over in Melville was 24.34%, compared with a national percentage of 14.8%. The percentage of the working-age population (15 to 64) was 65.71% and the percentage of children aged 0 to 14 was 16.37%. In comparison, the national percentages were 68.5% for the population aged 15 to 64 and 16.7% for the population aged 0 to 14.
Melville occupies a land area of 14.82 square kilometres with a population density of 304.8 persons per square kilometre. This compares to the provincial land area of 588,239.21 square kilometres with a population density of 1.8 persons per square kilometre.
88.64% of the population reported English only as mother tongue, 0.70% reported French only, and 10.78% reported a non-official language only, in 2011. In comparison, Saskatchewan’s provincial percentages were 85.6% for English only, 1.6% for French only and 12.8% for only non-official languages.
Method of Voting: Paper Ballot
Voter Turnout (2012): 32.71%
Offices to be Elected:
- Mayor (elected at-large)
- 6 Councillors (elected at-large)
- Total Annual Expenses: $8,232,226
- Total Annual Revenues: $10,114,158
- Property Tax Rate:
- Universal Municipal Mill Rate: 14.61 mills (2014)
- Good Spirit School Division
- Christ the Teacher Catholic School Division
- Conseil scolaire fransaskois
- Emergency Services
- Water and Sewer
- Waste Collection and Recycling
- Environmental and Public Health Services
- Planning and Development
- Recreation and Cultural Services