City of Moose Jaw
Full Name: City of Moose Jaw
Census Division: 7
In 2011, Moose Jaw had a population of 33,275, representing a percentage change of 3.6% from 2006. This compares to the national average growth of 5.9%.
The percentage of the population aged 65 and over in Moose Jaw was 18.90%, compared with a national percentage of 14.8%. The percentage of the working-age population (15 to 64) was 70.43% and the percentage of children aged 0 to 14 was 16.93%. In comparison, the national percentages were 68.5% for the population aged 15 to 64 and 16.7% for the population aged 0 to 14.
Moose Jaw occupies a land area of 50.68 square kilometres with a population density of 656.5 persons per square kilometre. This compares to the provincial land area of 588,239.21 square kilometres with a population density of 1.8 persons per square kilometre.
92.59% of the population reported English only as mother tongue 1.88% reported French only, and 5.51% reported a non-official language only, in 2011. In comparison, Saskatchewan’s provincial percentages were 85.6% for English only, 1.6% for French only and 12.8% for only non-official languages.
Method of Voting: Paper Ballot
Voter Turnout (2012): 37.73%
Offices to be Elected
- Mayor (elected at-large)
- 6 Councillors (elected at-large)
- Total Annual Expenses: $42,041,682 (2016 Actuals)
- Total Annual Revenues $42,041,682 (2016 Actuals)
- Property Tax Rate: Residential
- Mill Rate: 16.328
- Mill Rate Factor: 0.7512
- Mayor’s Salary: $65,184 (2012)
- Councillor’s Salary: $21, 728 (2012)
- Prairie South School Division No. 210
- Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Separate School Division No. 22
- Land development
- Waste Water Treatment
- Water Works
- Police Services
- Parks and Recreation
- Transportation: Roadways, Sidewalks, Airport Improvements, Bridges and Structures