City of Prince Albert
Full Name: City of Prince Albert
Census Division: 15
In 2011, Prince Albert had a population of 35 129, representing a percentage change of 2.9% from 2006. This compares to the national average growth of 5.9%.
The percentage of the population aged 65 and over in Prince Albert was 13.59%, compared with a national percentage of 14.8%. The percentage of the working-age population (15 to 64) was 72.29% and the percentage of children aged 0 to 14 was 21.82%. In comparison, the national percentages were 68.5% for the population aged 15 to 64 and 16.7% for the population aged 0 to 14.
Prince Albert occupies a land area of 65.74 square kilometres with a population density of 534.4 persons per square kilometre. This compares to the provincial land area of 588,239.21 square kilometres with a population density of 1.8 persons per square kilometre.
86.01% of the population reported English only as mother tongue, 3.01% reported French only, and 10.98% reported a non-official language only, in 2011. In comparison, Saskatchewan’s provincial percentages were 85.6% for English only, 1.6% for French only and 12.8% for only non-official languages.
Method of Voting: Paper Ballot
Voter Turnout (2012): 29.3%
Offices to be Elected:
- Mayor (elected at-large)
- 8 Councillors (elected by ward)
- Total Annual Expenses: $61,389,260 (2016 Actuals)
- Total Annual Revenues: $69,816,550 (2016 Actuals)
- Mayor’s Salary: $88, 507 (2015)
- Councillor’s Salary: $29,467 -$33,279 (2015)
- Saskatchewan Rivers School Division No. 119
- Prince Albert Roman Catholic Separate School Division
- Garbage and Recycling
- Streets, Traffic and Sidewalks
- Water and Sewer Services
- Sports and Recreation
- Parks and Trails
- Youth – Children’s Art Programs, Community Grant Program, Creative Kids (Grant), Jumpstart Program (Grant), KidSport TM, KidzFest, Playground Program, Skateboard Park, Splash Pads and Paddling Pools, Terry Fox Award, Youth Activity Centre.