City of Swift Current
Full Name: City of Swift Current
Census Division: 8
In 2011, Swift Current had a population of 15,503 representing a percentage change of 3.7% from 2006. This compares to the national average growth of 5.9%.
The percentage of the population aged 65 and over in Swift Current was 19.8%, compared with a national percentage of 14.8%. The percentage of the working-age population (15 to 64) was 63.7% and the percentage of children aged 0 to 14 was 16.5%. In comparison, the national percentages were 68.5% for the population aged 15 to 64 and 16.7% for the population aged 0 to 14.
Swift Current occupies a land area of 24.04 square kilometres with a population density of 644.9 persons per square kilometre. This compares to the provincial land area of 588,239.21 square kilometres with a population density of 1.8 persons per square kilometre.
88.2% of the population reported English only as mother tongue, 1.4% reported French only, and 10.4% reported a non-official language only, in 2011. In comparison, Saskatchewan’s provincial percentages were 85.6% for English only, 1.6% for French only and 12.8% for only non-official.
Method of Voting: Paper Ballot
Offices to be Elected
- Mayor (elected at-large)
- 6 Councillors (elected at-large)
- Total Annual Expenses: $53,213,206 (2015 Actuals)
- Total Annual Revenues: $52,351,607 (2015 Actuals)
- Property Tax Rate: Residential
- Mill Rate: 11.462 mills (2016)
- Mill Rate Factor: 0.368 (2016)
- Provincial transfers:
- Unconditional: $4,538,193 (2015)
- Chinook School Division No. 211
- Holy Trinity RCSSD No. 22
- Fire Services
- RCMP Swift Current Detachment
- Parks, Recreation, Culture
- Electricity, Water and Sewer Utility
- Garbage, Yard Waste and Recycling
- Public Works
- Public Transit (Swift Transit)
- Swift Current Airport