City of Yorkton
Full Name: City of Yorkton
Census Division: 9
In 2011, Yorkton had a population of 15,669 representing a percentage change of 4.2% from 2006. This compares to the national average growth of 5.9%.
The percentage of the population aged 65 and over in Yorkton was 21.4%, compared with a national percentage of 14.8%. The percentage of the working-age population (15 to 64) was 61.5% and the percentage of children aged 0 to 14 was 17.1%. In comparison, the national percentages were 68.5% for the population aged 15 to 64 and 16.7% for the population aged 0 to 14.
Yorkton occupies a land area of 25.77 square kilometres with a population density of 608.1 persons per square kilometre. This compares to the provincial land area of 588,239.21 square kilometres with a population density of 1.8 persons per square kilometre.
86.5% of the population reported English only as mother tongue, 0.8% reported French only, and 12.7% reported a non-official language only, in 2011. In comparison, Saskatchewan’s provincial percentages were 85.6% for English only, 1.6% for French only and 12.8% for only non-official languages.
Method of Voting: Paper Ballot
Offices to be Elected:
- Mayor (elected at-large)
- 6 Councillors (elected at-large)
- Total Annual Expenses: $38,752,168 (2015 Actuals)
- Total Annual Revenues: $38,396,939 (2015 Actuals)
- Property Tax Rate: Residential
- Mill Rate: 5.25 mills
- School Rate: 5.03
- Base Tax: $710.00
- Provincial transfers:
- Conditional: $891,239
- Good Spirit School Division No. 204
- Christ the Teacher RCSSD No. 212
- Community Development, Parks & Recreation
- Environmental Services (Water Treatment and Waste Management)
- Fire Services
- RCMP Yorkton Detachment
- Public Works (Roads & Streets and Water & Sewer)
- Public Transit