Rural Municipality of Prince Albert
Full Name: Rural Municipality of Prince Albert #461
Census Division: 15
In 2011, R.M. of Prince Albert #461 had a population of 3,580 representing a percentage change of 22.2% from 2006. This compares to the national average growth of 5.9%.
The percentage of the population aged 65 and over in R.M. of Prince Albert #461 was 13.8%, compared with a national percentage of 14.8%. The percentage of the working-age population (15 to 64) was 73.2% and the percentage of children aged 0 to 14 was 13.0%. In comparison, the national percentages were 68.5% for the population aged 15 to 64 and 16.7% for the population aged 0 to 14.
R.M. of Prince Albert #461 occupies a land area of 1,018.97 square kilometres with a population density of 3.5 persons per square kilometre. This compares to the provincial land area of 588,239.21 square kilometres with a population density of 1.8 persons per square kilometre.
89.6% of the population reported English only as mother tongue, 3.0% reported French only, and 7.4% reported a non-official language only, in 2011. In comparison, Saskatchewan’s provincial percentages were 85.6% for English only, 1.6% for French only and 12.8% for only non-official languages.
Method of Voting: Paper Ballot
Offices to be Elected:
- Reeve (elected at-large)
- 3 Councillors (Divisions 1,3,5)
- Total Annual Expenses: $4,699,585 (2014 Actuals)
- Total Annual Revenues: $4,411,410 (2014 Actuals)
- Property Tax Rate: Residential
- Uniform Municipal Mill Rate: 8.000 Mills (2014)
- Provincial transfers:
- Conditional: $389,587 (2014 Actuals)
- Reeve’s Salary: $12,035
- Councillor’s Salary: $2,680-$6,915
- Saskatchewan Rivers School Division
- Prince Albert Catholic School Division
- Conseil scolaire fransaskois
- Water Utility
- Road Maintenance
- RCMP Detachment
- Waste Disposal
- Permits (ie: Fire Burning, Material Disposal)