Rural Municipality of Shellbrook
Full Name: Rural Municipality of Shellbrook No. 493
Census Division: 16
In 2011, R.M. of Shellbrook #493 had a population of 1,533 representing a percentage change of -5.4% from 2006. This compares to the national average growth of 5.9%.
The percentage of the population aged 65 and over in R.M. of Shellbrook #493 was 13.4%, compared with a national percentage of 14.8%. The percentage of the working-age population (15 to 64) was 67.6% and the percentage of children aged 0 to 14 was 19.6%. In comparison, the national percentages were 68.5% for the population aged 15 to 64 and 16.7% for the population aged 0 to 14.
R.M. of Shellbrook #493 occupies a land area of 1,235.75 square kilometres with a population density of 1.2 persons per square kilometre. This compares to the provincial land area of 588,239.21 square kilometres with a population density of 1.8 persons per square kilometre.
93.1% of the population reported English only as mother tongue, 2.0% reported French only, and 4.9% reported a non-official language only, in 2011. In comparison, Saskatchewan’s provincial percentages were 85.6% for English only, 1.6% for French only and 12.8% for only non-official languages.
Method of Voting: Paper Ballot
Offices to be Elected
- Reeve (elected at-large)
- 3 Councillors ( elected in divisions 1,3,5)
- Total Annual Expenses: $2,630,528 (2015 Actuals)
- Total Annual Revenues: $1,925,617 (2015 Actuals)
- Property Tax Rate: Residential
- Mill rate: 12.00 mills
- Mill Rate Factor: 0.650 (2014)
- Reeve’s Salary: $8,139
- Councillor’s Salary: $2,702-$5,010
- Saskatchewan Rivers School Division
- Prince Albert Catholic School Division
- Utility Services
- Recreation and Cultural Services
- Planning and Development
- Environmental and Public Health Services