Town of Maidstone
Full Name: Town of Maidstone
Census Division: 17
In 2011, Maidstone had a population of 1,156, representing a percentage change of 11.5% from 2006. This compares to the national average growth of 5.9%.
The percentage of the population aged 65 and over in Maidstone was 18%, compared with a national percentage of 14.8%. The percentage of the working age population (15 to 64) was 61% and the percentage of children aged 0 to 14 was 21%. In comparison, the national percentages were 68.5% for the population aged 15 to 64 and 16.7% for the population aged 0 to 14.
Maidstone occupies a land area of 4.5 square kilometres with a population density of 253 persons per square kilometre. This compares to the provincial land area of 588,239.21 square kilometres with a population density of 1.8 persons per square kilometre.
93% of the population reported English only as mother tongue 0.8% reported French only, and 2% reported a non-official language only, in 2011. In comparison, Saskatchewan’s provincial percentages were 85.6% for English only, 1.6% for French only and 12.8% for only non-official languages.
Offices to be Elected
- Mayor (elected at-large)
- 6 Councillors (elected at-large)
- Total Annual Expenses: $1,891,847 (2013 Actuals)
- Total Annual Revenues: $1,943,576 (2013 Actuals)
- Property Tax Rate: Residential (2015)
- Mill Rate: 10.25 mills
- Base Tax: $350.00
- Mill Rate Factor: 1.0500
- Northwest School Division No. 203
- Emergency Services: Ambulance, RCMP Detachment, Fire Department
- Recreation and Parks
- Public Works – Water Treatment
- Animal Services
- Landfill, Garbage and Recycling